The night before the burial of her husband 2nd Lt. James Cathey of the United States Marine Corps, killed in Iraq, Katherine Cathey refused to leave the casket, asking to sleep next to his body for the last time. The Marines made a bed for her, tucking in the sheets below the flag. Before she fell asleep, she opened her laptop computer and played songs that reminded her of him, and one of the Marines asked if she wanted them to continue standing watch as she slept. “I think it would be kind of nice if you kept doing it” she said. “I think that’s what he would have wanted”.
-Not sure what is more honorable: Being married to this faithful wife to the end or the Marine standing next to the casket watching over them both.
IN HONOR OF ALL OF OUR ARMED FORCES PLEASE SHARE THIS.
forever reblog. forever.
Never forget those who were lost. To all those in uniform, thank you.
This is beautiful…
bless this woman,
bless her husband,
and bless that marine.
This honestly made me cry. No exaggeration. RIP.
- Recite a poem.
- Read the first page to one of your favorite books.
- Read the little blurb on the back of your shampoo bottle.
- Do a tongue-twister.
- Say something in a different language.
- Share an anecdote.
- Do the rains in Spain stay mainly on the plains?
- Summarize the last film/TV episode you watched.
- Let us hear your ringtone and text message sound.
- Tell a joke.
- What did you have to eat today?
- Talk about something that really scares you.
- Talk about something that makes you happy.
- What is your favorite word?
- What is your least favorite word?
- What turns you on?
- What turns you off?
- What sound or noise do you love?
- What sound or noise do you hate?
- What is your favorite curse word?
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
- What profession would you not like to do?
- If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
- If you’re brave enough, singing us a little song.
(Source: geekykristie, via woozlesandwanderers)
Reblog if you will answer LITERALLY ANY anon questions.
(Source: asknlc, via woozlesandwanderers)
adventures in school
Ernest Hemingway once won a bet by crafting a six-word short story, that can make people cry. Here it is.
(Source: ffunkkkya, via woozlesandwanderers)
this gives me life and inspires me to step up my lipstick game